SEARCH...

Diddy Joins Oprah: Starts His Very Own TV Channel


-According to BillBoard.com
On Wednesday (June 19), Revolt TV, the upcoming music cable network spearheaded by Sean "Diddy" Combs, took a major step forward by announcing a national distribution deal with Time Warner Cable. Combs, Revolt's majority shareholder who will launch the venture this fall along with MTV veteran Andy Schuon, calls Revolt "the most exciting thing I've done in my business career" -- and one that signals a decreased recording output in the near future for the rapper. "It's an evolution for me," says Combs, whose last official album was the 2010 Diddy-Dirty Money project "Last Train To Paris." "I think I will personally be putting out less music, and I'll be going into that phase of empowering the next artists… I feel a musical and artistic responsibility to do one of the things I do best, which is framing people in the right way and marketing them in the right way. I never got the award for [being] the best lyricist, but I was definitely up there for being one of the best marketers and best coaches. I think that I'm evolving into that, and that's just as fun, even more fun, for me."






More... Revolt Music